In the book The Blind Side ,by Micheal Lewis it talking about how Joe Thiesmann brakes his leg. I can connect with a text-to-self connection to this statment bacause I also have broken one of my limbs playing a sport. The book is now talking about how you have to be big and strong to play football. One of the questions I have is how do the small running backs get into the NFL and the college level? I want to know this because there is alot of people that are not huge that play in the collage level and in the NFL. In the novel they say that they are moving. I can make a connection with the world because many sports players travel and live some where different for the sport. A text to text connection I can make is when i read a book about a kid who got his arm chopped off by a meat processer. This kid realates to this book because Joe Thiesmann broke his limb and couldnt play.
Predictions: I think that the boys in the car are going to go to a new school or are moving to a new house. I think this because in the text it says "Driving East, the left the third poorest zip code in the United States and headed toward some of the richest people on the Earth"(45).
Those are good connections. Sorry you broke your limb.
ReplyDelete